The latest solutions presented by the SAP company and recommended to Clients may be somewhat of a challenge to Partners that have to carry out projects involving the implementation or migration to the new product. This is true with SAP’s latest baby, i.e., S4HANA.
The S4HANA system, which is a milestone in ERP systems of SAP, is a solution that is currently the main tool used to support enterprise management, enabling maximum use of the HANA database functionality.
Owing to the partnership with SAP, Hicron representatives have participated in the 10steps2s4 programme. As the name implies, it was a programme consisting of 10 steps leading through the conversion of the SAP ERP 6.0 system to the SAP S/4HANA 1610 version.
The developer delivered the full environment for the partners – the SAP ERP 6.0 Ehp6/Windows2012/SQL Server 2012 source system and the SAP HANA Rev 122, S/4 HANA Application Server target servers.
Five Hicron specialists with many years of experience carried out the individual parts of the programme:
- System Architect
- BASIS Consultant
- FI/CO Consultant
- Logistics Consultant
- ABAP Programmer
Every “step” of the programme was a stage in the preparation of the SAP ERP system for conversion to S4HANA. It consisted of a morning theoretical part and an afternoon part, which involved work performed by the individual specialists. 10 steps were performed over 10 days, resulting in the conversion of the source system to the S4HANA system.
The individual steps were as follows:
- Preparing the Maintenance Planner – BASIS consultant
Analysing the ABAP code using Custom Code Check and adaptation to the S4HANA system – ABAP consultant
- Implementing the required SAP Notes – BASIS consultant
Generating the “Pre-Transition Check Result” report – application consultant
- Preparations in the area of logistics and finance:
a. Customer Vendor Integration
b. Storage Location MRP
c. Material Numer Field Extension
- Conversion using the – BASIS and ABAP consultants for SPAU/SPDD adaptation
- Activities in the FICO area on the migrated system – FICO consultant
- Activities in the LOGISTICS area on the migrated system – LOG consultant
- Modifying the architecture of the new system – creating a separate database and application instance – BASIS consultant
- SAP Gateway configuration – BASIS consultant
- SAP Fiori configuration – BASIS and application consultants
- Summarising the entire programme – whole team
In summary, the 10 days of work of the team provided an interesting experience related to the migration to the S4HANA system both in the technical sense (BASIS) and in the application area (FI/CO, LOG). This knowledge will be used in projects carried out for Hicron clients so that they are implemented efficiently and on schedule.
Hicron is ready for S4Hana. Are you?
Author: Grzegorz Walas, SAP BASIS Expert Consultant, Hicron