A recent survey found that, among other topics, CEOs are focusing on changing and upgrading the structure of their companies, including a deeper understanding of digital business, as incremental growth is no longer good enough.
What will change for the better the way companies do business, is the deep incorporation of intelligent technologies like:
- artificial intelligence,
- predictive analytics,
- digital assistants,
- and conversational interfaces into applications and end-to-end processes.
Benefits of being an Intelligent Enterprise
An Intelligent Enterprise is an organization capable of using the latest technologies to turn insight into action across the business – in real-time. As a result, they are able to launch new business models, accelerate data-driven decision making, and process automation. They can also deliver an exceptional experience, drive new revenue streams, and more. No matter what industry you are in, being an Intelligent Enterprise is the key to building a competitive edge and acquiring consumer loyalty.
SAP’s strong belief is that every company needs to address 3 key challenges in today’s economy:
- Leverage synergies to minimize costs of funding innovation;
- Deliver a next-generation customer experience in a world of disruption;
- Better engage employees to attract and retain top talent.
SAP strategy is built on a framework of three technical components that every company must have to become an Intelligent Enterprise:
Source: Official SAP materials
- Intelligent Suite. An integrated modular system of line-of-business (LoB) applications that enable customers to share information across functions to better understand consumers’ needs and day-to-day operations.
- Digital Platform. Data management and cloud platform technologies to accelerate integration of the growing volume of data in the intelligent enterprise, so that customers can understand them in real-time.
- Intelligent Technologies. Technologies and tools that transform intelligence into business outcomes, such as analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and the Internet of Things (IoT). They are provided within a digital platform, embedded in intelligent suite applications and integrated with SAP as well as other systems.
SAP ERP S4HANA, with its real-time database access, Fiori UX and modular application approach, is an answer to those business needs.
ERP for Automotive – time for S4HANA
Hicron works closely with its automotive partners to present the Intelligent Enterprise concept and implement the SAP ERP S4HANA platform (on-site, cloud). There are two main areas which customers are most interested in:
- What are the key benefits for automotive companies implementing SAP ERP S4HANA?
- How to move to SAP ERP S4HANA?
S4HANA key benefits for the automotive industry
- Maximize sales with order and contract management
- Improve transparency of pricing policy and incentive campaigns
- Drive and manage sales performance by embedded analytics
- Improve vehicle configurator
- Support your sales force and sales manager
- Centralize procurement processes
- Streamline operational purchasing
- Automated sourcing and contract management
- Gain in-depth purchasing insights
Supply Chain and Manufacturing:
- Provide more accurate commitment dates for dealers
- Streamline warehouse management of parts
- Optimize inventory levels and processes for parts management:
- Integrated business planning,
- MRPs: live, predictive, demand driven
- Predictive analytics
- Machine learning
- Invoice Vendor Management
- Maintain service agreements
- Improve production planning and demand scheduling (PP/DS)
- Accelerate production operations
- Simplify accounting and financial closure processes
- Real-time Profitability Analysis
- GR/IR Reconciliation and accrual calculation
- Comprehensive analytics
Source: Official SAP materials
Check out in which countries we are supporting our clients:
The author of the article is Piotr Łasiński, Senior Consultant, in The Hicron Automotive and Logistics team.