Ensuring constant SAP system availability and immediate support in case of a breakdown – these are the tasks of administration, performed by the BASIS team. SAP BASIS Administrator takes full responsibility for the system maintenance, and with Hicron’s custom tool can also constantly monitor its safety and efficiency.
SAP BASIS is more than just taking care of your company’s systems. Our consultants introduce modifications that go beyond the SAP Support contract. They also make changes at the user’s request. Thanks to those activities the system better responds to the needs of the company.
SAP Administrator and their role in your company
What is the BASIS administrators job? Their task is to maintain and service the implemented SAP system. They guarantee the safety of both the data stored in the system and the continuity of business processes.
The most important indicator SAP BASIS team’s success is high availability, i.e. uninterrupted availability of systems. Since even the short downtime can generate huge costs for the company, the administrator’s support is invaluable.
SAP BASIS services
As our standard offer of maintaining your SAP systems we propose:
- constant technical supervision over ERP systems and SAP products, as well as over their infrastructure, databases and operating systems;
- preparing plans: contingency plan, disaster recovery plan, business continuity plan, containing procedures of action in case of a critical failure or unexpected, negative event;
- 24/7 SAP system monitoring thanks to HSMT tool;
- maintaining the technical documentation of the system.
Migrations and upgrade
⇒ If your company plans to move to a higher version of one of SAP solutions (technological update), or migrate to newer platforms (for example to the SAP HANA database) or new hardware environments, SAP BASIS administrators from Hicron will efficiently and safely carry out the systems through the whole process.
Data loss, Disaster Recovery
⇒ In case of physical data loss, the SAP administrator will reconstruct the systems. Hicron also performs restoration from the backup version. Additionally, we regularly plan and supervise system copies.
⇒ In addition to maintaining SAP systems and solving incidents, we also constantly increase their efficiency. We carry out analyzes and, based on them, we implement optimizations that improve the software you are using.
⇒ We support users by managing and granting authorizations as well as authorizing access to SAP ERP and other SAP solutions. In this way, we ensure the company’s compliance with data security rules and prevent the risk of information leaks.
Hicron experts handle all of the above areas entirely remotely.
As the list above proves, Hicron’s experts can take over the management of SAP ERP systems and other SAP products (outsourcing). But we also offer our services in a smaller scope – for those companies that hire internal BASIS specialists, or for those that wish to outsource only specific tasks.
SAP BASIS management services are available in three packages:
- Platinum – contains over 80 predefined administration tasks. Prepared for companies that entrust Hicron with full responsibility for system administration.
- Gold – covers over 60 administrative activities. Dedicated to companies with a permanent internal SAP team. In this package, Hicron’s role is to complement the competencies of existing IT / BASIS resources in your organization.
- Flex – in this package, the number of activities and the scope of support are determined individually, following your needs.
If you do not know which variant will best suit your business, please contact us! Consultants will present you the areas supported within the packages and answer all related doubts.
How the services are organized?
We have been operating on the market and supporting customer systems since 2006. Over the years of cooperation with partners around the world, we have developed procedures that make our services 100% transparent. At the same time, they allow us to ensure the operation of customer systems in the high availability mode. How do we do it?
Request handling system
All Hicron clients have access to the ticket system – Hicron Service Desk. Thanks to the platform, SAP system users can easily report problems and contact consultants. Also, the platform allows checking at any time, among others, the status of a given application, contract terms, the remaining budget and other elements related to the contract.
SDE and a dedicated team
Each client under the contract receives the support of a dedicated BASIS Contract Supervisor, who is the first point of contact in the area of the agreement between the client and Hicron. The client may also choose to be supported by the Service Delivery Executive (SDE). SDE is a dedicated supervisor and a point of contact for all matters related to the administration of the system.
Clients’ systems differ from each other in terms of modules and integrated solutions. The role of SDE is to build the SAP BASIS team so that it includes people with all the competencies that will be required to support a specific company.
Thanks to the excellent knowledge of both the client’s solutions and the team’s competences, SDE commissions tasks to selected experts and personally verifies their implementation. Such an organization significantly speeds up work, and more importantly – transfers management entirely from the client to Hicron specialists.
Employees of the first-line support play a much greater role at Hicron than just accepting requests. Thanks to extensive competences and libraries of errors prepared by experts, the Service Desk not only verifies reported incidents but also solves those that do not require the attention of an ABAP developer. In addition, the consultants deal with, among others, monitoring data chains on BW systems, iDoc interfaces and flows, handling current documents in SAP (Workflow) or creating reports and statistics for customers regarding their notifications and work progress. Service Desk support is invaluable for your system.
Thanks to our solutions, many problems are effectively resolved at the stage of reporting them. For your business, this means the fastest system recovery.
The best way to solve a problem as quickly as possible is to prevent it from happening at all. Guided by this philosophy, we designed Hicron System Monitoring Tool (HSMT). Its task is to constantly monitor the operating parameters of SAP systems and quickly report all abnormalities.
Such proactive control allows us to react to the first signs of error, long before they affect the operation of the system. For our customers, this means failure-free and constant availability of key business software.
SAP BASIS terms of service
To adapt to the needs of your company, we offer two variants of system management contracts:
- Fixed Price – an agreement based on a fixed monthly fee. The fee is always the same regardless of the number of incidents and reports.
- T&M – framework agreement. Certain items are charged, such as one hour of consultant work.
Service Level Agreement (SLA) is an agreement in which Hicron commits to handle the incident reported by the client within a specified period of time and either restore the system or prepare a workaround, thanks to which it will be possible to resume business processes.
In the SLA, incidents are classified according to priority. The higher it is, the faster the problem has to be fixed. Both the priority areas and the incident resolution time are determined together with the client.
In 2020 we achieved an SLA of 99.71%.
We provide constant support from specialists. In critical situations (for example, the occurrence of an incident threatening the client’s key business processes), the client may contact Hicron consultants. To make this possible, we provide on-call duty, thanks to which we can immediately start repairs in a crisis.
Standard service times are:
|08:00 – 16:00||09:00 – 17:00||08:00 – 18:00|
Advantages of system administration in Hicron
- System management according to ITIL best practices – we operate following the international standard Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
- The highest safety standard, confirmed by the ISO 27001 certificate.
- Flexible contacts – the terms of the system administration agreements and SLA levels are set individually with each client, thanks to which you receive exactly the type of support you need.
- Consultants’ competences – we have experience with each SAP module, we know all the producer’s solutions.
- High availability of BASIS administrators – the organization of work at Hicron guarantees the constant availability of administrators providing SAP BASIS services.
- Support for companies in the following languages: Polish, English, German, Russian and Italian.
Do you want to outsource the administration of SAP ERP or other SAP solutions to Hicron? Do you have additional questions? Contact us!
Hicron System Monitoring Tool is our proprietary product designed to monitor our customers’ SAP system environments in an ongoing manner.
Kamil Suszko, SAP BASIS Team Leader at Hicron
Choose high quality
We offer wide scope of SAP BASIS support with competitive conditions to our customers around the world. Ask about offer adjusted to your needs and learn our high standards of quality, proactivity and system safety.