DevOps – in a business context
Wouldn’t it be perfect if your company’s software was maintained and monitored by talented software engineers working with DevOps mindset? Outsource the continuous development of your systems and applications to DSS-Hicron!
The goal of DevOps engineers is to take care of your application during its whole life cycle – from the stage of designing, through development, deployment and then maintenance. A software specialist will manage all necessary tasks: from scaling and automating to improving and bug fixing.
Take the burden away from your IT team! Let your people focus on developing new solutions and supporting your business needs and leave the maintenance to us!
Who is DevOps?
DevOps engineer is a person that not only supports the software development process but also deploys it and monitors its performance. In a more traditional approach, one team was responsible for developing an application, and the other for deploying it. Very often these two teams did not communicate properly with each other, which led to work delays and slowing down the improvement cycle.
Since it is a developer that knows the application the best, it was natural to hand over the duties of maintaining software to them. That cut in half the time needed to put the software to market, but also made possible its continuous development.
But there are more benefits than just improving software development. Without DevOps engineer, it’s almost impossible to draw full benefits from cloud solutions, microservices or automation – all those tools that speed your business up!
Benefits of DSS-Hicron DevOps engineers in your company
What value can we bring to your company? There are many of them:
- The improvement of customers’ satisfaction thanks to short delivery time – bug fixes, enhancements, and new features can be rolled out even many times a day.
- No delays between developing software and deploying it.
- Faster recovery from downtimes, as well as faster bug fixing.
- Quick reaction to errors.
- Stable operating systems, which means smaller vulnerability to errors.
- Freeing resources – IT team can focus on new solutions and supporting business needs, instead of maintaining applications.
Remember: DevOps is more of a culture than a position. DevOps engineer can be the beginning of a digital transformation in your company if you only seize this opportunity!
DevOps engineer can support your company in many ways:
- CI/CD – We provide Continuous Integrity/Continuous Delivery by debugging and simplifying of automated pipelines, containerization, automated custom reports and monitoring of development lifecycle and development and testing environment evaluation, design and implementation.
- Infrastructure – Included in this service are network configuration, evaluation, design, and implementation of pre-production and production infrastructure, maintenance of middleware (web servers, message brokers, cache servers, reverse proxies) and database.
- Monitoring – We control the state of your applications by OS, network and virtualization monitoring. What is more, we can give you periodic reports by e-mail, Slack messages, custom web pages, and notifications via SMS or email, as well as integrate ticket system liable for ITIL.
- Security – As part of our services we are hardening the company’s OS and network, performing basic security audits for web applications and configure SSL/TLS.
Examples above do not exhaust the list of DevOps engineer’s services. If you did not find what you are looking for here, do not hesitate and contact us! We will prepare an offer tailored to your needs!
Do you want to:
- Reduce the workload of your IT team?
- Know how to improve the time-to-market of your products?
- Adopt DevOps culture in your company?
- Protect your company from the rising costs of cloud scaling?
- Understand how your business needs can be addressed?
- Reduce the costs of your development team?
- React immediately to errors and downtimes?
Then contact us! Leave your query and provide contact details, so we can come back to you with a plan of improvements for your company!
State-of-the-art DevOps practices enable providing high quality software within short release cycles while allowing developers to focus on what they do best.
Marcin Połulich, Digital Software Services Manager