1. General information.
- Hicron Sp. z o.o. is the operator and data administrator of the Hicron.com portal and its registered seat is at ul. Gwiaździsta 62, 53-413 Wrocław, Poland. It is entered into the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna, VI Commercial and Registration Department of the National Court, KRS 0000250424, with a shared capital of PLN 118,490.00, NIP 894-28-54-019, REGON: 020231066.
- The portal performs the functions of acquiring information about users and their behaviour in the following manner:
- by voluntarily entered information in the forms;
- by subscribing using the newsletter form;
- by saving cookies on users’ devices;
- by collecting log files of the web server by the host operator: home.pl S.A., operating under home.pl
2. Information about the forms.
- The portal collects information voluntarily provided by the user.
- The person the data concerns has the right to access their own data, as well as to correct it.
- Additionally, the portal may save information about the connection parameters (e.g. time stamp, IP address).
- The data in the form is not given to third parties other than by the user’s consent.
- The data provided in the form is processed for the purpose resulting from the function of that specific form, for instance, to process the service request, trade contact, job application, or newsletter delivery.
- The data provided in the forms may be passed to the parties that technically perform certain services – in particular, this concerns passing information about the holder of the domain which is being registered to the parties being domain operators (primarily the Research and Academic Computer Network – NASK), payment service providers or other parties the portal operator cooperates with.
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter using the deactivation link included in each newsletter.
3. Information about cookies.
- Cookies are computer data, especially text files, which are stored in the portal user’s device and are used to access the portal’s websites. Cookies usually include the name of the website from which they came, their retention time on the user’s device, and a unique number.
- Cookies on the portal user’s device are provided and accessible by the portal’s operator.
- Cookies are used to:
- create statistics which help understand how portal users use websites, thus allowing the improvement of their structures and contents;
- maintain the portal user’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the user does not have to provide their login and password again on each sub-website of the portal;
- specify the user’s profile in order to display personalised advertisement network content; including Google’s.
- The following types of cookies are used by the portal:
- “Session” – temporary files stored on the user’s device until logging out, leaving the website or closing the web browser;
- “Permanent” – cookies stored on the user’s device for a period of time defined in the parameters of cookies or until they are deleted by the user;
- “Required” – cookies which enable the use of services provided by the portal, for example, authenticating cookies used for services requiring authentication within the portal;
- Cookies for security purposes, such as those used for fraud detection with regards to authentication within the service;
- “Performance” – cookies which enable the collection of information on the manner of the use of websites of the portal;
- „“Functional” – cookies which enable the portal to “remember” settings chosen by the user and to personalise the interface, for example, in terms of the user’s language or region, font size, website appearance, etc.;
- “Advertising” – cookies which enable the portal to provide the users with advertisement content tailored to their interests to a greater extent.
- A web browser usually enables the storage of cookies on the user’s device by default. Portal users may change the settings in this scope. A web browser enables the deletion of cookies. It is also possible to block cookies automatically. Detailed information about this topic can be found in the support section of the browser or its documentation.
- Cookies on the portal user’s device may also be used by advertisement providers and partners of the portal’s operator.
- Cookies may be used by the advertising networks, particularly the Google Display Network, to display advertisements that are tailored to the way the user uses the portal. To this end, they may store the information about the user’s navigation path or the length of time they remain on the website.
- As for the scope of information on users’ preferences collected by the Google Display Network, the user may view and edit information about cookies using the following tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
- For more information on cookies, see the support section of your web browser menu.
4. Server log files.
- Information about some user behaviours is logged on the server layer. This data is used solely for the purpose of administering the service and to ensure the most efficient operation of the hosting services provided.
- The browsed resources are identified by URLs. In addition, the following may be saved:
- time of arrival of the query;
- time of sending the reply;
- client’s station name – identification is performed via the HTTP protocol;
- information on the errors which occurred when performing HTTP transactions;
- a URL of the website previously viewed by the user (referrer link) – if the transition to the portal occurred through a link;
- user’s web browser information;
- IP address information.
- The above data is not associated with specific individuals browsing websites.
5. Data sharing.
- Data is subject to sharing with external parties only within legally permitted limits.
- Data enabling personal identification of an individual is provided exclusively by consent of this individual.
- The operator may be obliged to provide information collected by the portal to authorised bodies on the basis of lawful requests to the extent resulting from such requests.
6. Managing cookies – how to agree to and disagree with the cookies policy in practice.
- If you do not want to receive cookies, you may change your browser settings. We reserve that disabling the handling of cookies necessary for authentication, security, or maintenance of user preferences may, in extreme cases, prevent the use of websites.
- To manage your cookies settings, select the web browser/system from the list below and follow the instructions: