SAP implementation and development, automatic inventory, application support
need of stable and flexible ERP solution, implementation of high management standards
Because of the dynamic development of the company, resulting, among others, from its expansion beyond the Polish borders, a decision was made to optimize operations. Particular emphasis was put on the improvement of production processes, which constitute the main axis of the company’s activity. Hence the decision to implement SAP and introduce an automatic production inventory functionality.
01 Case study
Cooperation with Maflow from the Boryszew Group began with SAP system implementation. Since then Hicron has been providing Maflow with ongoing support for users working with the system as part of SAP system maintenance and application service as well as carrying out development works in the SAP system. One of these works is the implementation of production inventory process automation.
The aim of the project was to simplify and automate production processes as well as generate savings resulting from a lower level of material consumption and smaller inventories.
The key role of the newly implemented functionality is the ability to fully integrate progress data concerning works on a specific order with the inventory process. As a result, SAP ERP is able to calculate the number of components necessary to execute the order and conduct predictive analyses.
- real-time production inventory
- work progress monitoring for a given production order
- preparation of automatic calculations of components necessary to complete an order
- lowering of inventory levels
- reduction of material consumption
- lower procurement costs
- ability to conduct predictive analyses (predict which components will be used and record this fact as physical inventory results)
- full integration of progress data concerning works on a specific order with the inventory process
02 Case study
The Maflow Group has always focused on development – both at the beginning of cooperation with Hicron as well as today. Unfortunately, the system used by the company was quite niche, which had a negative impact on the availability of consultants and the costs of development projects. The client decided to replace the solution with an SAP system.
- SAP ERP implementation (FI, FI-AA, MM, SD, PP, QL, EDI, PI, HANA + integration)
- application management and maintenance services (Poland, France, Italy, Spain)
- trainings and dedicated workshops (FI, FI -AA, MM, SD, PP, QL, EDI, PI, HANA)
- migration of systems to new Data Centers
The first step was to examine the company’s needs and design the system so that all modules were fully adapted to the group’s business processes. The client decided to implement nine modules. After their implementation and modification, the company received a stable system that enables efficient execution of internal business processes.
During the project Hicron proposed extensive EDI system support as well as the introduction of terminals integrated with the SAP system, which improved warehouse work. Moreover, Hicron team integrated LE-TRA (Logistics Execution Transportation) with the transportation platform. It was a good opportunity to optimize all processes related to transportation and logistics – and thus to speed them up and reduce their costs.
The next stage of the project was the hypercare phase – the point at which the implemented SAP system is tested in the heat of the company’s daily work. This phase is characterized by the occurrence of many difficulties, related to, for example, errors made by employees who are not yet familiar with the new software.