Proper organization of custom order structures
One of the key production processes at NOVOL is the preparation of paint and lacquer colors to meet individual customer requirements. Speed and precision are particularly important, which is why NOVOL decided to improve this process by implementing the SAP Variant Configurator solution. The implementation, together with additional modifications proposed by Hicron, not only significantly accelerated the process of preparing paints and lacquers, but also increased the functionality of the system.
01 Case study
The implementation of the variant configurator at NOVOL involved 7 Hicron expert consultants who worked on the preparation and implementation of the solution for 6 months. Their task was to develop logic diagrams of the solution’s operation and incorporate them into the system. They prepared an interface for data exchange with an external program containing information on the combination of ingredients for creating base colors as well as integration with the warehouse area.
The variant configurator proposed to NOVOL by Hicron consultants is a solution that significantly simplified the production and sales process of base colors at NOVOL, helping the company to avoid many risks by moving the moment at which pigment amounts are specified from production to the sales process.
- automation of paint and lacquer preparation processes
- preparation of products in perfect shades and volumes
- elimination of erroneous orders
- integration with an external IT system, where all recipes and combinations of ingredients are stored, taking into account variables, including color and type of pigment
- automatic updating of the recipe database
- increased work comfort