optimization of sales process for spare parts, increasing the level of warehouse control
The main business goals that Pronar set before starting cooperation with Hicron focused on improving production and sales processes. The greatest emphasis was put on the distribution of spare parts, the ability to control inventory levels by dealers, and the introduction of electronic spare parts catalogs. Pronar decided to implement the SAP Dealer Portal and Product Catalog solutions, which made it possible to implement the above business assumptions.
01 Case study
The main assumption of the SAP Dealer Portal implementation was to optimize the sales process for spare parts, integrate products with a spare parts catalog, ensure better control of warehouse availability and product prices, and accelerate production processes.
In order to satisfy the needs of the client, the Hicron team also prepared the implementation of a proprietary SAP component – Product Catalog, designed to manage spare parts for products and optimize other dealership service processes. As a result, Pronar enabled its dealers to order parts directly and use electronic spare parts catalogs.
- optimization of the spare parts distribution mechanism
- improvement of dealership service processes
- integration of products with a spare parts catalog
- greater control over stock availability and product prices
- acceleration of production processes
- enabling Pronar’s dealers to order parts directly and use electronic spare parts catalogs
- automation and reduction of the time needed to prepare price calculations
- increased security of system infrastructure
Every project has its own challenges. Thanks to sound management, the project was successfully implemented. We used our own proven ticketing system supporting an Agile approach to this project. The team wanted every product we deliver to have a separate life cycle and remain under control. As it turned out once again, such a system is perfect for this type of implementation. But this method would not have given positive results if it had not been for the involvement of the wonderful people from Pronar and Hicron and excellent communication within the project team.
Gerad Halski, Project Manager at Hicron