PSA Peugeot Citroen
Standardization of dealer network management
Due to the large number of retail outlets, the IT system is the foundation of the company’s business. The workflow in all entities must be smooth, which is why PSA decided to standardize the system in all locations and implement a proprietary DMS solution. In addition, the growing expectations of customers to further accelerate the service process make this type of tools necessary to build competitive advantage on the difficult automotive market. Hicron was entrusted with the task of implementing a proprietary DMS in 50 German branches.
01 Case study
The decision to introduce a new DMS solution was an important element of PSA’s strategy, dictated by the need to improve the workflow in all entities belonging to the Group by unifying the IT system.
The main result of Hicron’s activities was improved quality of work in the system: the goal was to increase the speed of task completion, improve customer service, automate processes, and expand the system’s functionality. Hicron received, among others, the task of implementing two interfaces and introducing new reports on car data.
- creating a transparent management system in all retail outlets
- improving the quality of work in the system and accelerating the performance of operations
- facilitating the coordination of employees at customer service centers and the tasks of mechanics
- support for the following processes:
– buying and selling of new and used cars
– exchange and sale of demo cars
– handling of leasing procedures (buy-back)
– sale of spare parts and stock management
- full adaptation of the DMS to handle service events, such as:
– workshop activities
– creating service orders
– ordering parts and warranty repairs
- ability to quickly integrate with the platforms of external suppliers, e.g. mobile network operators, internet providers
- effective real-time data exchange to manual information input into the system
The preparatory work carried out by Hicron included increasing the efficiency and flexibility of the system, so that it could better meet the needs of individual links in the dealer network. As a result, it accelerated the performance of operations and ensured effective exchange of data in real time, minimizing manual information input into the system.