WTY (Warranty Claim Processing), or a module which allows requests and warranty repairs of cars to be processed and managed. Warranty management in SAP plays a key role in the industry, as it enables automatic tracking of the service performed during the warranty period, as well as settlement of costs connected with the granted warranty.
Warranty management in SAP covers the following aspects:
- indicates products/services covered by warranty,
- verifies authenticity of warranty claims,
- checks whether the problem with the product/service reported by the customer is covered by the warranty,
- monitors expenditure incurred in connection with the warranty handling.
What warranties are we talking about?
To say briefly, these are warranties of “any” kind, e.g.:
- standard warranties provided by the manufacturer,
- extended warranties provided by the importer,
- all types of packages of additional warranties,
- recall-type warranties, warranties for installed parts.
Who needs WTY?
Just like the VMS module, it serves the importer (vehicle distributor) to manage the selling process, and also for information exchange between the manufacturer and the dealer making the repair. The importer pays for a warranty repair to a dealer, whereas he either bears its costs or asks the manufacturer to reimburse them, depending of the warranty type.
Dealers use WTY as a place to register the performed repairs. To do this, they do not require their own SAP system because communication with the system is done by means of additional online tools (Dealer Portal). Exactly the same which is used for selling cars (VMS). Thus, there is no need to have and implement the SAP system.
Safety – as we know, safety comes first. We know that not everything in life is perfect. Errors and mistakes happen to all, even the best. They also happen in the production of cars.
That is why the WTY module includes the functionality referred to as “recall”, which will ensure the safety of the user despite any potential irregularities.
In such cases, technical faults are removed at the expense of the manufacturer.
How do we know this?
The manufacturer sends the list of VIN numbers of the cars where something needs to be changed/replaced. The responsibility of the importer is to inform the owner. And what happens in SAP?
- The importer enters the list to the system along with all the necessary information: what needs to be checked, which parts must be replaced, etc.,
- the dealer receives this information immediately,
- the user comes to the garage, and after the VIN is entered, it is clear immediately whether any check/replacement is necessary, and if so – what needs to be done.
Integration with other modules?
Of course. Warranty claim processing is a module which includes many applications, fully integrated with the SAP solution, from the management of basic data (MM, SD, PM) and price list (SD), through checking main warranties and creating measurement documents (CS, PM), to FI documents accounting (FI / CO) and reporting (SAP NetWeaver BW). Of course, it is also integrated with the VMS module.
The best results will be achieved thanks to the WTY in combination with the VMS module referred to in a separate section.
Why is it worth it?
Because both the importer (vehicle distributor) and the dealer have one place where they can find information from the purchase of the car, through sales, to the performed warranty services, and also additional service packages.
The flexible functionality offered by WTY software may handle multiple warranty claims efficiently and automatically, as necessary. Only those claims whose parameters yield a negative result in automatic checks/verifications are redirected for manual processing.
The warranty conditions are defined individually according to the needs of a specific customer (importer). The system allows significant flexibility here.
It is a good practice to have the entire ecosystem in one place – the parallel implementation of the WTY and VMS modules ensures that.