SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is an integrated, modular software package, thanks to which you can plan your resources, order, and gather data and integrate all departments, business partners, and processes occurring within your enterprise. The ERP system allows you to systematize the work environment, as well as to enhance the flow of tasks and reorganization of communication channels.
The greatest advantage of SAP ERP solutions is that it helps you build your competitive advantage. With this software your company can:
- increase sales by 16-28%,
- increase efficiency by 10-16%,
- reduce the purchases costs by 7- 16%,
- improve quality control and significantly reduce production time.
With SAP ERP, you gain full control over your company, its resources, and processes – thanks to which you can optimize them for greater efficiency or cost reduction.
SAP ERP software versions
At this moment there are two main versions of SAP ERP solutions: ECC and S/4HANA.
Companies that have the SAP system for many years are using ECC, and companies that have decided to convert or are implementing the system anew, are using the S/4HANA version.
SAP ERP S/4HANA contains SAP S/4 application and database SAP HANA. Both components operate based on the SAP HANA platform supported by the technology of processing databases directly in the memory (in-memory database) – which significantly impacts the speed of data processing.
Main differences between ECC and S/4HANA
|SAP ERP ECC||SAP ERP S/4 HANA|
|Data model||External database with physical disk memory||Internal database processing data in-memory|
|Interface||GUI interface – each application looks differently||Fiori interface – each application looks the same|
|Modules||Each module works independently||Modules can be integrated, and users can use all of them on a single screen|
|Accessibility||On computers (via a web browser)||Both on computers and on mobile devices (via a web browser and mobile application)|
|Reporting and analysis||Possible for advanced users and developers||Easy for any user|
Compared to SAP ERP ECC, S/4HANA also:
- reduces the cost of equipment and interface configurations,
- allows faster implementation of processes,
- makes development easier,
- is effective,
- works fast,
- is simple,
- allows creating live reports,
- makes data analysis much easier.
Which SAP ERP solution should you choose? Companies do not have much choice – SAP SE will cease to support ECC software in 2027. For that reason, in new companies, we are implementing only SAP ERP S/4HANA. In the companies that already used older versions of SAP ERP software, we are helping in migrating to S/4HANA.
We have prepared thorough explanations of the migration from obsolete SAP ERP solutions to SAP S/4HANA.
We offer our clients the best SAP ERP experience – SAP S/4 HANA. The latest version of the software lets users benefit from the most efficient solutions and work in a modern, intuitive environment.
Here are some of the many technical benefits of the newest SAP ERP software:
- Column data entry,
- Data is stored and is processed in the server’s RAM memory,
- Use of IO operations for permanent storage of data and spare copies,
- Possibility to combine different functions (transactional and analytical) into one database, without the necessity of doubling the information,
- Elimination of the obligatory use of indexes and materialized perspective, as well as queries requiring a full table scan,
- Broad spectrum of new administrative tools, more convenient modeling of information (SQL Script language), and the option to send information to many servers.
After 2027, previous versions of SAP ERP will not be supported by the producer. But this is not the only reason to migrate to the newest SAP ERP solution. SAP ERP S/4 HANA has many advantages over its predecessor, as well as over other types of ERP solutions. These advantages are:
- Elimination of typical issues connected with obsolete ERP applications, such as:
- delays resulting from processing large amounts of data;
- complex infrastructure;
- manual execution of processes;
- simultaneous processing of large amounts of data, parallel handling of multiple queries, leading to a faster reaction time;
- possibility of gaining higher business value;
- lowering of IT costs;
- increase in the users’ satisfaction levels who have more effective tools at their disposal that work in real time, faster processes, and a significantly simplified IT structure;
- unprecedented analytical capabilities;
- flexibility: option to choose between private, public, and hybrid clouds; with the assurance of data safety.
SAP ERP Experience
Software is dedicated to middle and big companies of various industries, such as automotive, healthcare, retail, real estate management, telecommunication, production, and many others. There are many modules to help improve the performance of different areas of the company’s operations. Some of them are:
- Financial accounting (FI)
- Treasury (TR)
- Controlling (CO)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Production Planning (PP)
In Hicron, both implementation and migration to SAP ERP software are conducted by experienced SAP consultants, many of them having a senior or expert position. Thanks to that, your SAP ERP experience is tailored to the needs of your company. It is also due to the fact that Hicron has experience in international projects – so it is easy for us to adjust the system capabilities to real business problems.
SAP ERP integration
Our consultants can help you by integrating applications your company is using with SAP ERP software: be that your e-commerce system, CRM, or mobile application. What is more, in HicronLabs you can find a lot of solutions enriching the SAP ERP experience.
Are you interested in SAP S/4 HANA implementation or migration? Do you want to know if we can tailor the software to your needs? Press the button below and leave your query – our experts will come back to you with answers!
Hicron consultants’ experience has directly mapped onto more effective placement of business processes in the Atlas Ward, which in turn greatly enhanced our business.
Mariusz Górecki, General Manager, Atlas Ward Polska
The choice of SAP and Hicron was not by chance. SAP is used by the majority of automotive companies as well as car producers – our prospective customers. We have chosen it because it ensures the satisfaction of our industry needs.
Marcin Kopiec, Finance and Accounting Manager, Sumika Ceramics Poland
Hicron’s experience, customer approach and the expertise of Hicron’s consultants proven during the conception phase assured us in our decision to implement SAP ERP precisely with this partner.
Maciej Pawełczak, SAP ERP implementation Project Manager, Profile VOX