SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is an integrated, modular software package used to plan your resources, order and gather data and integrate all departments, business partners, and processes occurring within an enterprise. The ERP system allows you to systematise the work environment, as well as to enhance the flow of tasks and reorganisation of communication channels. It brings numerous benefits, however from 2025 onwards, its standard version will not be supported further. All companies using our older software will have to face the challenge of switching to S/4 HANA. Hicron’s offer will still cover the support of the ERP system, but because of completely new functional capabilities and the necessary preparations of work to a new system, we recommend the implementation of, or migration to, SAP S/4 HANA.
Benefits of the solution:
- Elimination of typical issues connected with obsolete ERP applications, such as:
- delays resulting from processing large amounts of data
- complex infrastructure
- manual execution of processes
- Simultaneous processing of large amounts of data, parallel handling of multiple queries, leading to a faster reaction time
- Possibility of gaining higher business value
- Lowering of IT costs
- Increase in the users’ satisfaction levels who have more effective tools at their disposal that work in real time, faster processes, and a significantly simplified IT structure
- Unprecedented analytical capabilities
- Flexibility: option to choose between private, public, and hybrid clouds; with the assurance of data safety
- Column data entry
- Data is stored and is processed in the server’s RAM memory
- Use of IO operations for permanent storage of data and spare copies
- Possibility to combine different functions (transactional and analytical) into one database, without the necessity of doubling the information
- Elimination of the obligatory use of indexes and materialised perspective, as well as queries requiring a full table scan
- Broad spectrum of new administrative tools, more convenient modelling of information (SQL Script language) and the option to send information to many servers
Migration phases from SAP ERP to SAP S/4 HANA:
- Settlement of a high-level strategy and migration map to S/4 HANA in both, technological (basic) and business (advanced) aspects
- Analysis of the possible discrepancies that are connected with the transfer to the new system and their planning on the migration map, including:
- recommended scenario (plain conversion, business reimplementation or more complex transformation)
- risk identification
- initial allocation of tasks and responsibilities between the client and the partner
- Choice of appropriate partner
* You ought to consider the conversion of the software licensing from SAP ERP to S/4 HANA and the investment in new server infrastructure (cloud, on-premise).
Hicron consultants’ experience has directly mapped onto more effective placement of business processes in the Atlas Ward, which in turn greatly enhanced our business.
Mariusz Górecki, General Manager, Atlas Ward Polska
The choice of SAP and Hicron was not by chance. SAP is used by the majority of automotive companies as well as car producers – our prospective customers. We have chosen it because it ensures the satisfaction of our industry needs.
Marcin Kopiec, Finance and Accounting Manager, Sumika Ceramics Poland
Hicron’s experience, customer approach and the expertise of Hicron’s consultants proven during the conception phase assured us in our decision to implement SAP ERP precisely with this partner.
Maciej Pawełczak, SAP ERP implementation Project Manager, Profile VOX